CDL CLASS A/B DRIVERS
Hire Point Staffing Solutions has been leading the way in Professional Hiring and Placement Services in the Tri-State Area for over 20 years! Our focus and drive is to ensure that job seekers are empowered through enriching, exciting job opportunities!
We are now hiring CDL Class A and CDL Class B drivers.
- Attends and successfully completes PFG Driver Trainee Dock to Driver Training Program as required. Perform “pre-trip safety check” inspection of truck and trailer according to Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations; inspect cab and trailer to insure they meet company quality standards and take appropriate action as needed.
- Perform count check of items and check customer invoices of products that have been loaded. Check and complete in an accurate and in legible fashion all the required paper work associated with freight.
- Move tractor to the loading dock and attach preloaded trailer as needed.
- Rides-with, assists with deliveries as required. Drive to and deliver customer orders according to a predetermined route and delivery schedule.
- Unload products from the trailer transport items into designated customer storage areas.
- Perform damage control checks on items and contact supervisor about removing orders according to company policy.
- Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper signatures. Collect money (cash or checks) where required. Load customer returns on to trailer and secure trailer doors.
- Unload damaged goods and customer returns at the driver check-in dock and complete necessary paperwork. Unload pallets, insulated blankets, Power Walker / Hand carts and remove trash from trailers as required.
- Complete daily record of hours of service and enter in log in accordance with Federal DOT, state and company requirements.
- Perform “post trip safety check” on the vehicle, secure tractor and trailer and / or “Red Tag” for repair or maintenance as needed.
- Perform general housekeeping duties in cab, loading dock area and keep trailers clear and clean as required. At the end of the shift.
- Secure all equipment and complete all necessary paperwork.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.